Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Kitchen progress.

Isn't it cute with the plants around?

The new fridge in action!

Hey everybody! Here's what's going on in the kitchen and living areas. We've taken out the sink to make room for the new one and Rob has marked out where he needs to cut the countertop to widen the hole just a bit. We bought some Rustoleum Countertop Paint and we're going to apply that after he cuts out the hole. I do actually like the original green and am still tempted to keep it but... we'll see.






The front has been painted (along with the back bedroom) thanks to my sis, Laura. She came and helped me knock it all out in a few hours one evening after the munchkin went to sleep. Thank you, Laura!!


It looks so good now. I know it looks pure white in the photos but, it's not. There's a hint of greige in there.


This is fabric that I'm not using to make curtains. Haha. I thought I was going to, I really liked it but... I simply couldn't make it work with the other colors I had envisioned. Thankfully it was just a tablecloth and I returned it to TjMaxx. It's pretty though, yeah? I'm going to be using a natural linen fabric that I already have to a) save money and b) keep the curtains neutral so I can play with color more elsewhere.


See? It just didn't match. It was more obvious in person. Trust me. 
 I also want to show you our custom cabinet that my FIL made. We bought a stock Home Depot cabinet and had to cut out a space for the wheel well and build a shelf over it to make more storage. Rob built the shelf and it's going to be great!

Making the template and bracing the back up higher.


It fits!

Wheel well. We were going to just box it in but that felt like a waste of space to me.
So I said, "Build a full-depth shelf!"


The white shelf. Adds so much usable space!  And usable space is everything.

It's starting to look like a REAL kitchen! Woohoo!
We still have lots to do but, she's coming along. We still haven't named her (him?) yet. I'm waiting for that "moment" when you just know, ya know? I'm too busy to think about it right now anyway.

1 comment: